Friday, April 4, 2014

What we did in Phoenix besides the side trips



We stayed at the Desert's Edge RV Park in Phoenix. They call it the Purple Park because so many things are painted purple.



I worked on the trailer to fix the wiring problem from earlier in the trip.
I unwrapped the duct tape cocoon. 

I trimmed up the wires and plugged them into butt connectors and crimped them really good.

Then I wrapped each one in electrical tape then wrapped the whole deal to make it look nice and pretty. I moved it so that the harness rides between the propane tanks so hopefully it wont drag on the ground again. 
I bought some six inch PVC pipe and had it cut to 5' lengths and added end caps and screw on caps to make new sewer hose carriers.

The black pipe is the old sewer hose pipe and it was not big enough to fit the hose I bought with the quick disconnect fittings. I used joist hangers to secure the PVC to treated 2x4s.

Here is the back side of the pipes bolted to the bottom of the trailer.

The cap ends and the sewer hose in the foreground. The treated lumber here is brown to take the heat.
I rolled around on the ground under the camper to get everything mounted. It was nice to have a project.
This is what Patrick did while he stood by in case I needed help and he is coming into his own on helping out.
Iris believes she is my new lap dog.

On March 26 we drove up to Sedona and had lunch with Kenn and Lora Trout again. This time we ate at Javalina Cantina. They had excellent Mexican food and afterwards we drove to their home for cupcakes to celebrate Patrick's 12th birthday and Kenn's birthday (I promised I wouldn't reveal how old he was. I would have never guessed). Lora had bought sparkler candles but they refused to stay lit or to spark but the cupcakes were darn good! Thanks guys.
Around the corner from the RV park was a custom Jeep builder on the corner of 21st Ave and W. Parkside Ln. I failed to get the name but I was wowed by the work.


Will she tow my camper? I don't know but I'd like to have one.

No comments: