Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Ranch

This is one of the reasons I started this blog; my house. It was bought in February 2006 and has undergone alot of improvements. It is 2000 sq feet with a fully furnished walk-out basement. There are five bedrooms, three and 1/2 bathrroms, an office with a beautiful built in walnut gun cabinet. The basement has a full bar and plenty of room to roam. The house sits on 10 1/2 acres divided by Wolf Creek and I mow about half of that.
I am a veteran who was injured while on active duty and applied for an adaptive housing grant through the VA. If it weren't for getting $50,000 to remodel the house I wouldn't go through that hassel again.
The grant came through in September of 2006 and we finally got the contractor there full time in late November. So I haven't been living there because I can't use the bathrooms. Here it is January 2007 and we're still remodeling. Things always move slower than you think they will and then we change things or things can't be built as designed and changes are made. I will post a bunch pics to get up-to-date and then I will post as we get through the process.

No comments: