Thursday, February 20, 2014

Galveston, Oh Galveston

2/19 We rode south to Galveston crossing the bay and into the island city until we reached the seawall and were forced to take a right or a left. The bay was clear as a bell and the ocean was socked in with fog with giant wisps of it blowing in off the water. Cool and eerie at the same time. Drove to the Galveston State Park but they wanted $5 a person and I'm cheap so we turned around. There was this neat house.
Then we found free handicap parking on the seawall by the ramps to the beach. So off went the shoes and B, P and Iris went on a walk. P had to coat himself in sand.




The painted seawall.
 
The last pic of the beard. It came off tonight, wish I had some pics of that. It was fun seeing all the different styles I could have worn. In the end, I'm clean shaven and no one recognizes me.

 The we stopped at The Spot and had some chow. B and P had catfish sandwiches and I had a Cobb Salad. These people were serious about their salad.


When in Rome!

 After Galveston, we made a right into Texas City and found the Galveston Bay Dike. It was built to keep the shipping channel from silting up. It projects about five miles out into the Bay. A nice drive and looks like it is a popular place to go.

A picture I stole off the internet so you could see the dike. From there it was back home to the trailer for supper, showers and clean sheets.
 Saw this dude in Galveston, wish I had gotten a better picture of those rims.They looked like spinners off James Bond's DB5.


Turns out they are made by Texas Wire Wheels

No comments: