Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blue Hole and Amarillo

4/21/2014 In the morning we went down to the Blue Hole a famous spot for divers. No one was at the dive shop and I had no buddy to dive with so it will have to wait for another time. Patrick wanted to go swimming and he tried three times to wade into the water but never made it very far past the stairs before the 61 degree water drove him out. He eventually jumped off the divers giant stride platform and then from the rocks above.




Here's the video to prove it!

Since I couldn't dive, we decided to move on. We headed east again on I-40 towards Amarillo and we sang George Straight all the way.

Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone.
Everything that I've got is just what I've got on.
When that sun is high in that Texas sky
I'll be bucking it to county fair.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo I'll be there.

They took my saddle in Houston, broke my leg in Santa Fe.
Lost my wife and a girlfriend somewhere along the way.
Well I'll be looking for eight when they pull that gate,
And I'm hoping that judge ain't blind.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's on my mind.

Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone.
Everything that I've got is just what I've got on.
I ain't got a dime, but what I got is mine.
I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's where I'll be.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's where I'll be. 

No comments: