Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Dauphin Island Ferry and Day 1 of Florida


Back to updating the blog. We've had fun here in South Florida so far visiting with friends and seeing new things. My computer went on the fritz and yesterday (11/14) was spent rebooting Windows and trying to get all my files back onto the computer. Thankfully I had most of them backed up. So back to blogging!

October 30
We didn't take to many picture over the next three days because we were motoring on south to Pembroke Pines. We started at Indian Point RV park and headed east to get on I-10 to go through Mobile. We saw a sign for ferry and looking on the map decided it would be nice to take a different route. Becky called the ferry company and got a time to board and I made the turn onto 188 then 193 to get to the ferry. I may have put up some picture prematurely in the last blog. My memory doesn't serve me well because there were multiple long bridges and lots of beaches we looked at. Anyways.....

We made it to the ferry on time and only had a short wait before we boarded.


https://imagesus-ssl.homeaway.com/mda01/19f85b87-f574-4197-8dac-718761d29786.1.6


 Patrick was impressed with all the oil rigs. They seemed to be everywhere.
Fort Gaines
 On the other side of the ferry the road went into town and bent away from the beaches reconnecting us with I-10.

We spent the night at a Flying J. Had supper at the Denny's. Other than the Denny's playing music all night it wasn't a bad place to stop. This is a shot of the morning crowd at the RV parking. We were separate from the truck lot.

No comments: