Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Leaving Arizona

11/1 It was just a long driving day crossing dreary New Mexico. Its called Land of Enchantment but we can't find that much enchanting about it. The land seems so unused and empty, monotonous.
But here we go.





 Shortly after we passed Datil we crested a rise and could see for miles. Sounds like every rise, right? I clicked on the trip odometer and we traveled seventeen miles from ridge to ridge of this valley. In the middle was the National Radio Astronomy Observatory.

After we got off of 25 and back on 60, I was seeing patches of these little yellow balls. I thought someone had spilled a bunch of apples but I could see that they were on dead vines. I had to stop and Becky picked up this little gourd. They were all over the place, thousands of them growing along the road.
Saw some large ponds along the road. I was surprised to see all the water.




We ended the night in Fort Sumner, NM.

No comments: