Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Beggs, OK to Effiigham, IL the long slog

November 4 Becky spent the day with her new BFF Calista. Patrick and I took in some Mongolian BBQ and some television.
Horrible picture in the trailer. Plus it had to be cropped to make the wemens happy.


November 5, 2015 We left Beggs, OK and headed towards Ohio. We discussed going south into Louisiana for some boudin but decided that we would just push on to the house and avoid the rain. Plus we would get home with decent weather to unload and get the trailer winterized.
I wanted to take the scenic route home and enjoy the last few days on the road so we started going up 75 into Tulsa and took 244 to 44 and then got off on Old Route 66 going north. We then turned east on 60. I was thinking about taking 60 across to Kentucky then up but as we drove, a vibration set in to the car and trailer that I couldn't really diagnose. My best guess was that it was the fact that in New Mexico, Patrick and I changed out the one really worn trailer tire for the new spare and rotated the tires on the right side so that the worn tire would be on the back and the spare on the front.
Plus the rear springs on the Tahoe were really sagging after 30 plus thousand miles towing the trailer. That was putting more load on the rear tires and making them howl just a little bit. In Springfield, I got on to I-44 and we rolled hard on the four lane.
It was a long day driving and we all get moody and irritable so after some supper at Missouri Hicks BBQ in Steelville, MO (we all agreed that we prefer North Carolina BBQ to St Louis style) we cruised past the Gateway Arch and on to Effingham, IL.

They were out of root beer:-(

 Cruised past the arch on the freeway. I remember stopping when I was about 13 and my family was on the way to Mexico for a three month mission trip. I just can't shake this sand in my shoe. Thanks, Dad.

No comments: