Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The new home.

It has arrived!

 We picked up the camper on Monday and brought it home. I've towed a lot of trailers but most of them have been small and its been years since I towed anything heavy so jumping on the freeway in Toledo and rolling home on I-75 was an interesting experience to say the least. It took a while to get used to the brake controller and get it dialed into my driving style which I learned I would need to change. Plus I poo pooed having larger mirrors and realized that yes, hoss, I need mirrors that extend out so I can see the back of the trailer. Sadly, I became "that guy" riding in the right hand lane not doing the speed limit and holding up traffic. But we made it home safe and sound and discovered that the water tank was leaking and I had to change out a plastic clip for a proper hose clamp and all was good again.
  The last few days have been full of getting ready to go this weekend to Martinsville, VA for the Nascar race there. This will be our first experience in the camper and we will be roughing it. Just water no electric. A first world kind of problem really. Oh my no internet, no television, no video games, how will we survive? I'm sure there will be plenty of entertainment from the drunken revelers and on the ten minute walk to and from the track!

No comments: